An inspiring weekend of lectures, stories, field tours, cooking workshops and great food.
Presented by Dr. Uri Mayer-Chissick
18-20 July 2014
- Bake traditional sourdough bread and other great mediterranean pastries.
- Take a look at the local wheat and how it’s processed.
- Discuss the beginning of agriculture.
- Explore the development and evolution of human nutrition since the agricultural revolution.
- Forage wild edible plants.
- Learn more about sugar and white flour, gluten, sprouting, food economy, hunger and more.
- Prepare nutritious meals together from wonderful local produce.
Lessons, accommodation and full board are provided at OZU
It is all about us, our bodies and our health.
Dr. Uri Mayer-Chissick (Ph.D) is an expert on local and traditional foodways, he guides foraging tours of wild edible plants and is a historian of food.He is an accomplished researcher of the history of food and nutrition, he wrote his thesis about the history of dietetics in the medieval Islamic empire, and he gives academic lectures all around Israel and abroad.Uri is an expert on natural nutrition and traditional foodways, who has published a guide for the local wild edible plants of Israel and the Book of Local Food of the Levant. He leads Hikes and tours of the country side, including outdoor cooking classes, lectures and gourmet meals in nature.
For information and registration:
Dates: July 18-20 – 2014
Price: 275 Euro
- Natural local nutrient food
- Accommodation in OZU = 20 Euro per night
- Accommodation in the nearby Agriturismo “La casa di Campagna” = 40 Euro per night
- Transportation to and from Fara Sabina train station (direct connection with Rome Fiumicino Airport)* =40 Euro
*We will arrange several picking up points at Fara Sabina train station. The exact timing will be defined accordingly to landing times of guests.
Not included: airfare, spending money.
Uri’s website: http://www.mazon-izun.com/?lang=en