Full week of landscape, food and learning
at Ozu cultural and art center in Italy
Presented by Dr. Uri Mayer-Chissick
5-13 July 2014
Great food and fascinating conversations.
- cooking workshops
- local food tours visiting the professional producers
- foraging tours of edible wild plants
- daily study of different subjects
It is all about us, our bodies and our health.
Dr. Uri Mayer-Chissick (Ph.D) is an expert on local and traditional foodways, he guides foraging tours of wild edible plants and is a historian of food.He is an accomplished researcher of the history of food and nutrition, he wrote his thesis about the history of dietetics in the medieval Islamic empire, and he gives academic lectures all around Israel and abroad.Uri is an expert on natural nutrition and traditional foodways, who has published a guide for the local wild edible plants of Israel and the Book of Local Food of the Levant. He leads Hikes and tours of the country side, including outdoor cooking classes, lectures and gourmet meals in nature.
- Morning walk in the area.
- Breakfast of vegetables, fruit and whole wheat bread locally.
- Daily learning – reading and study of texts about diet and medicine guided by Uri.
- Nutritious and healthy cooking workshop.
- Daily tour in the region, foraging wild plants and visit to local artisans.
We will prepare all meals together in OZU’s kitchen.
For information and registration:
Dates: July 5-13, 2014
Price: 1200 Euro
- Natural local nutrient food (optional vegan meals)
- Accommodation in OZU *
- Transportation to and from the Airport
- Cooking Workshops
- Guided tours of the Italian countryside
- Health and local Medical classes
* You can upgrade your accommodation out side of OZU with additional of about 250 € (per week).
Not included: airfare, spending money.
Uri’s website: http://www.mazon-izun.com/?lang=en